You can install the Meeteor add-in for yourself or for your organization (if you're a Office365 administrator). In this article, you'll learn:
- the difference between installing the Meeteor add-in individually or organization-wide
- how to install the Meeteor add-in for myself
- how to install the Meeteor add-in for my organization (Office365 admins only)
- Individual user based - installation by a user of an add-in on his account
Each user can add add-ins to his account. After the installation, the add-in will be available on each application and device where the account is used: Outlook Web Application, Outlook PC and Outlook for Mac.
Note: Meeteor Add-in can be used with Outlook for Mac in the web-version. The client-side version for Mac does not yet support the Meeteor Add-in capabilities. Please check the Meeteor Integrations page for updates on availability.
- Organization wide administrator based - an administrator of an organization account can install the add-in organization wide
The add-in will be activated on each user account associated with the organization’s account after such installation. It can be configured as mandatory or optional for each user.
Installation steps for the user to install the add-in on his account using the Outlook Web Application:
Go to http://store.office.com and search for “Meeteor”.
- Go to http://store.office.com and search for “Meeteor”.
- Select the “Meeteor - Meeting with impact” add-in.
- Click on the “Add” button to install the add-in.
- The Outlook Web Application will open in a new tab. Select “Install” to confirm the action.
- You’ll see a confirmation message that the add-in is successfully installed.
To learn more about how to create your first Meeteor meeting in Outlook365, click here.
You’ll need to be an organization administrator for Office 365 to install the Meeteor add-in for your organization. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Admin panel in O365.
- Open the “Admin centers” in the left pane.
- Select “Exchange”.
- Select “organization/add-ins”.
- Select “+/Add from the Office Store…”.
- The Office Store will open in a new tab. Search for “Meeteor” and select “Meeteor - Meetings with impact”, and then click “Add” to install the add-in.
Reminder: By going to the Office Store this way, the add-in will be installed organization wide for every user.
- Next, enable Meeteor add-in for users by clicking on the pencil icon to edit the settings.
- Check “Make this add-in available to users in your organization”. Then you can set the user default of the add-in installation for each organization member. We recommend you to select either “optional, enabled by default” or “mandatory, always enabled” so the users in your organization know how to access the add-in .
IMPORTANT NOTE: The propagation of the add-in installation through the user accounts of the organization can take some time, usually about 3-6 minutes, until the users will see the add-in on their accounts. (If “Optional, disabled by default” was selected in add-in settings on above window, the add-in will not be visible to the user until he enables it.)